A Canadian Business Visitor
The Canadian Business Immigration Program is creating new opportunity in local markets, by welcoming those who have the expertise and experience to help grow Canadian economy. Under this category, it is possible for whole family to immigrate permanently to Canada.
This program attracts entrepreneurs, the self-employed and businesspersons who are not yet Canadian citizens. There are three main Business Immigration Programs that are available:
This program is designed for people who have the ability to create their own employment by contributing artistically, culturally or athletically to Canada’s employment market. The eligible persons are those who have sufficient funds and relevant work experience.
Eligibility under Self-employed persons program:
- meet medical, security and other conditions
- be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
- meet the program’s selection criteria (minimum 35 points) and
- have relevant experience (at least 2 years experience in the last 5 years)
Selection criteria is based on:
- language abilities
This visa is applied by those candidates who have a qualifying innovative business that can assist in flourishing the economy of the country. Successful candidates will be able to get permanent residence visas for his/her whole family.
Requirements for Investors
To qualify for the Start-up Visa, applicants must:
- A qualifying business
- Intermediate knowledge in both English and French (CBL5)
- Bring enough money to settle in Canada
- Get a letter of support from a designated institution (Receive a minimum funding commitment of $200,000 CDN from a designated Venture Capital Organization, $75,000 from an approved Angel Investor, or Business Incubator)
Business Visitor Visa
This visa is for individuals who plan to live temporarily in Canada so as to be involved in international business markets with an intent to grow, invest and create new business connections. The potential candidate must fulfil requirements and do not put impact on the Canadian Job Market.