Canadian super visa allows parents and grandparents to visit Canada for a period of 2 years and with an ability to apply for an extension of one year at a time.
What do I need to do ?
- An invitation from a host in Canada, (i.e from your grandchild or child). It is essential for hosts to meet the minimum income threshold because they are responsible for your financial support during your stay in Canada.
- Passing a medical examination
- Proof of medical Canadian medical insurance coverage.
- Valid for at least one year
- Cover health care, repatriation and hospitalization.
- be valid for each entry to Canada; and
- provide a minimum coverage of $100,000
- Be available for review by an officer at a Canadian port of entry
- A valid passport
- Good physical and mental condition
- No criminal or immigration-related convictions
- Convince an immigration officer that you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family, that will take you back to your home country
- Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay
- The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.